Tuesday, September 18, 2007

PENGUIN FESTIVAL -REPORT BACK

For a Festival that, according to Dave, just got organised at the last minute I think it went off pretty well

3 Kayak carrying cars took part (Mark Webb, Paul Weber and Dave Parry Davis).

On Sunday we had 9 Kayaks which took part in the Sea Clean-Up which handed over refuse and our personal donations to a SANCCOB representative - ably assisted by Miss Simonstown. Well done and thanks to those who made the effort to come along. The weather was excellent with a small chop. We finished off with an excellent Lunch at the False Bay Yacht Club.

KISS (Kayakers in Support of our seas) Stickers are available from Dave - more details to follow.

On a more serious note it is perhaps sad that we only managed 9 boats on The Sunday and all but 2 were the from the small core of Sunday Morning False Bay Paddlers. Our participation was publicised in both Kazkazi and Paddlers E Mail Lists. Is it that we all enjoy the sea but couldn't be bothered when something takes place in its benefit? Perhaps someone would comment?

Best regards

Paul




2 comments:

  1. We do all enjoy the sea, that's why we paddle, and being mostly "Free Spirits" we have the freedom to decide how we give back.
    Margaret and Derek are doing a sterling job keeping the group informal, nothing "heavy or serious". If you make the paddle, cool, if you can't make the paddle, still cool, keeps me coming back for more. Wrap me on the knuckles for not pitching up and I'm out of there. My kayak takes me on amazing adventures far from the maddening crowd, I also enjoy the odd race, but I'm just not a festival type guy, with repect to Miss Simonstown! My 2 cents worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patrick for your observations

    I don't think I see any "rap over the knuckles" in my post. Do you? Just a "perhaps sad.."If there is such an implication in my words then I apologize - not the intention.

    I do agree that we are by nature informal - and that we best keep it that way.

    See you soon and keep well

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Contributors