Saturday, October 27, 2012

Race cancelled

Apologies for late notice  but due to Derek's illness we have to cancel the race. In its stead we will still have our usual Sunday Paddle, leaving this time from Long Beach. Forecast is for a fresh wind so most paddlers will be comfortable. Please do still come. The surfski race is taking place in the same area and it should be fun to see so many boats on the water.
The kayak demo for new paddlers will also still take place at 11am until 1pm.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Cape Point trip video

The video of the eventful Cape Point trip is here:
Select the HD setting if you have a quickish connection.


Friday, October 05, 2012

Cape Point Trip - Sunday October 7th

The forecast is for a moderate/ fresh south easter which is on the edge of cancelling. It's very do-able for competent paddlers but the call will be made in the morning. Should we think it's too strong for a Cape Point paddle it's likely good for a downwind Millers Run to Glencairn Beach so we will still meet at the shop at 8.15 to make the call. There WILL be a paddle if the forecast is correct.

The forecast for this Sunday is reasonable but not perfect so it's too early to call it off or on today.
Please check this blog or twitter as always on Friday and/or Saturday and before you leave home for an update.
We plan to leave from the Buffels Bay slip by 9.00am. Bring a snack, camera, water and plenty of sunblock. And your wild card. We will meet at 8.15am outside the shop to car pool and for a pre paddle briefing and weather check. And from there to the usual launch spot at Buffels Bay in the reserve.

Blog Archive