Monday, March 08, 2010

Dolphins!!!!

I have been paddling here in Simon's Town area for 7 years and in that time have only had one close encounter with dolphins - a group in Simon's Bay stayed around the kayaks for 10 minutes or so. Today I was paddling with 4 customers just off Seaforth when I spotted some dolphins moving from Ark Rock in a northerly direction. We turned seawards and paddled towards them and then behind them for a minute. They then turned and headed south past us and we turned and followed them for 20 minutes or so until Windmill Beach where we stopped. They were behind us, in front of us, beside us and of course underneath us all this time. I did not have my camera with me - damn - but a customer did and he took these pictures, unfortunately they don't do the experience justice. Wow, what a trip. Click on the pictures for a larger look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors