Monday, May 04, 2009

Cape Point Paddle - a cautionary tale





A cautionary - not about paddling but being blase.


I paddle from Buffels and hike around the Cape Point quite often so we have a Wild Card to get into the park. Now you are supposed to have your driver's license with you but about 4 or 5 visits ago I left it behind but the gate person let me in. The next time I went I also forgot it - and again they let me in without a problem. Now when we go paddling I usually don't bring along valuables like a wallet containing the license so the next time I decided that the license appeared non essential and didn't bring it with me - and they still let me in. Yesterday however things changed, the guy in charge was hardegat and koptoe and simply would not let me and Margaret in without ID no matter how much we begged and pleaded. (I tried not to shout.) Since the wallet was not there either no cash was on hand to pay the fee so us muggins went back to Simon' s Town and paddled there with the 9.30 group and the rest of the Cape Point group, who were graciously allowed in, apparently had a terrific paddle in marvelous conditions.

William King, who took these pictures, said we should have paid!

1 comment:

  1. So does that mean that another Cape Point paddle needs to be arranged for those like you who missed it. How about sunday?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Contributors